Friday, December 23, 2011

I was at college when internships were starting. I didn't know my place and kept fluctuation back and forth between the medical department and somewhere else, somewhere else I can't remember. By fluctuating I mean walking. As I was walking back from the medical department, I cut through a state where a college orientation was taking place. The instructor was explaining that you should never walk around with just socks on. As she was saying this I crossed the stage wearing blue fuzzy socks and no shoes. In my head I said to myself "that awkward moment when they tell you not to only wear socks and that's all you're wearing." ha. The floor is hard wood floor and as a result I slip and fall right in front of a stair case with a metal banister. I fall all the way down and try to get up but I can't. Once I gain my composure I get up again only to fall once more. I make a huge fool out myself. Incredibly so. But only one person in the back is laughing at me and I remember sort of feeling connected to him in some weird way. I get back on my feet and walk swiftly out. Before leaving I turn to the audience and say "guess you really shouldn't wear ONLY socks. have a good one!" It felt good to hear my own voice so loud, but I was sure i'd made a fool of myself. I left and it was dark outside. I forget where I Was going but I saw a girl (Brittani) who I have lost friendship with for understandable reasons. She had to ask me some questions about dinner I needed to go to that she was planning. I told her to stop being a bitch to me and she actually said sorry, and the next thing I remember it turned into a text conversation and we had made up with her saying I was cute.
I don't remember much after that but the whole me not wearing shoes things is kind of funny. The walking back of forth is very symbolic of my feelings towards life itself right now, as I seem to teeter on the lines in between two huge roads. Dreams are such good peep holes, it is very interesting. Eventually you always end up somewhere though.

No comments: