Wednesday, March 27, 2013

some stupid things

"I feel most alone on a bad date, when you’re sitting across from someone who clearly doesn’t get you and never will. You wonder how someone that looked so good on paper could get lost in translation. You wonder just how hard it is to find someone who looks at things the same way you do. Are you really such a rarity? Is the way you look at life really so odd? That’s loneliness to me: feeling like you’re not being heard or recognized and sitting across from a person who was supposed to be part of your tribe but isn’t. Not even close."

"My worst fear is being older and looking back at my twenties with a sting of regret because I was too locked inside of myself, was too scared of everything and anything. I’ve created this cozy little nook for myself but it’s become too alienating. I know everybody should go out of their comfort zone because that’s when amazing things usually happen."

"It may seem like a lot of this stuff is not in your control, that you don’t have the power to change it, but you’re often wrong. You do. It would just involve a little bit more work and responsibility, which a lot of people just aren’t ready for. They say they want to change, they say they want to make things better but the reality is that the bad things still feel good to them. They don’t want to stop the bad habits. A lot of their identity is invested in them and they don’t know who they’d be without it."

No comments: