Tuesday, October 27, 2020

 I had a dream the other day that I ran for some type of high level position. Seemed like a government position or something. I had to give a speech and answer questions. They asked me a question and I gave my opening line. The women leading it didn't like my answer, said that I wasn't specific enough. I apologized and said that I was delivering my opening line and would get to answering her question. I remember the feeling of being judged, very harshly. I remember the feeling of not knowing what I was doing and feeling like it was all a façade. I was speaking words but didn't believe the intent, knowledge, or skill behind them. There were moments in the dream these feelings were very intense. I don't remember much else except I do remember that I got the position in the end, with a vote that was something like 40 to 12 or 62 to 12, I forget which. I remember immediately trying to make a percentage out of it and thinking about all the 12 people who didn't vote for me and why they said no. I remember thinking that I was a fraud and that the other people who DID vote for me I had fooled. The dream has stayed with me for a few days now because these are very real and prevalent feelings I still have. 

No comments: